Lately, I’ve been getting slammed with dozens of telemarketing robo-calls per day. My cell phone is already on the federal do not call list, but they kept coming. I found a temporary solution: Do Not Disturb.
What does it do?
- The Do Not Disturb option stops alerts and calls from making any noise, or vibration. Telemarketers get forwarded to voicemail.
- Any alarms you set, however, will still sound while Do Not Disturb is activated.
- Do Not Disturb only has an effect when your iphone screen is locked.
- You can schedule quiet hours.
- You can activate two types of execeptions: contacts can get through, or frequency-based (second call from the same person within three minutes).
So when I get to the office, I select DND and turn it off at the end of the day. I can say for sure, it has improved my productivity. And not only does it block telemarketers, but it also has the added benefit of blocking recruiters who want to waste my time and try to get information from me.